7 Wix Alternatives to Help You Build Your Dream Website
Website builders have made it possible for anyone to create their own customized website, even without coding skills.
For a while, Wix was considered the go-to platform for any beginner to create their own website. But now there are many Wix alternatives available in the market that provide similar or even better functionalities.
Some of these platforms provide better prices and more features than Wix and are definitely worth exploring.
Ready to find out which Wix alternatives we have lined up for you today?
Seven Wix Alternatives to Try For Building a Great Website
Wix is generally known as a basic starting point for anyone building their first website. It has multiple templates to select from and an easy drag-and-drop editor to customize the template.
But as the website grows, it becomes very expensive to purchase all plug-ins and upgrades required to scale up.
Now the tech world is looking for some good Wix alternatives that will still be beginner-friendly but would cost less and provide better functionality.
So if you are planning to build a website for your business these are some of the best Wix alternatives for you to check out before you commit to the process. Use these to design an SEO-friendly website and get on the first page of Google.
Web.com works well as one of the best Wix alternatives as it provides an easy-to-use website builder with flexible and mobile-optimized editing. The platform also comes with analytics and reporting tools that make it a great fit for online store owners.
- Drag-and-drop builder for easy and flexible layout creation
- Dozens of pre-designed content blocks to make website building easier
- Integration with Google Maps so customers can check the store locations closest to them
- Hundreds of high-quality stock videos and photos for better website design
- Customizable social media icons to connect visitors directly with brand socials
- Specialized online store templates with easy inventory control access
- Google Analytics integration provides a single dashboard view of all data
- One hour of free design support that remains valid for 14 days after purchase of any plan
- The website builder interface does not have many advanced features
- The interface freezes up sometimes
- Website templates are more costly than those offered by other Wix alternatives
- It takes some practice to get used to the website builder interface
- Essential Hosting: $5.95 per month for small business websites
- Professional Hosting: $7.95 per month for small/medium business owners
- Premium Hosting: $9.95 per month small/medium business owners with multiple websites
Hubspot website builder comes with a flexible template option and a drag-and-drop option for easy modification by users.
It has gained popularity among Wix alternatives because it also provides an easy website migration service so that clients can shift their existing site to Hubspot from other platforms without any hassle.
- The website builder provides recommendations and tools for SEO
- There are pre-designed templates to make website building easier
- Hubspot websites can be integrated with their CRM systems to instantly track and record website visitor data
- Adaptive testing chooses the best page configuration out of five different options
- Supports creation of a multilingual website with search engine optimization for all languages
- Layered team access to different website areas for better operational control
- Provides 24×7 customer support for clients
- Customers can create their own customized landing pages or CTA forms
- Hubspot website builder is a little expensive
- The pre-designed templates do not offer much variety
- No access to FTP web hosting servers
- It is quite simple to use and there is customer support for added guidance
- Starter: $23 per month
- Professional: $ 360 per month (14-day free trial)
- Enterprise: $1200 per month (14-day free trial)
2 million websites all over the world use Bluehost hosting services and it is one of the more popular Wix alternatives. This web hosting service leverages its WordPress integration to create effective and beautiful websites with flexible design abilities.
- Lots of design templates with high levels of customizability
- Free SSL certification and automatic security updates
- Automatic data backups and CDN service for fast responsive websites
- Payment gateways and customer chats can be built into the websites
- Bluehost website dashboard provides data tracking and analytics for website
- Bluehost provides 24×7 live chat and customer service
- Multiple WordPress websites can be controlled through a single hosting panel
- Payment portals may seem a little sketchy and force buyers into making unnecessary purchases
- There is no drag and drop editor for full design freedom
- Easy to use
- Website Builder: $2.95 per month
- Shared Hosting: $4.95 per month
- Online Stores: $15.95 per month
- Managed WordPress: $9.95 per month
Hostgator does not have a drag-and-drop editor like most Wix alternatives.
You have to answer a few simple questions and your website will be auto-generated by Hostgator AI. You can then make some minor modifications and launch a website in mere minutes.
- Every website is thoroughly SEO optimized
- A custom logo maker comes
- Mobile optimization
- Detailed and easy to comprehend website analytics dashboard
- Hundreds of Unsplash images are available for free
- Users get a free domain, free hosting, and free SSL certification
- 45-day guarantee of refund if a user is dissatisfied with the service
- Customer support is available all time, every day
- Hostgator websites have faced some issues with hacking
- Customers need to pay extra for website backup
- It takes just a few simple steps to get a complete website on Hostgator
- Express Start: $3.84 per month
- Express Site: $5.99 per month
- Express Store: $9.22 per month
Elegant Themes has a website builder framework called Divi. It provides the world’s best WordPress website themes so you can create beautiful websites without any coding.
Originally published at Attrock.com.
About The Author
Gaurav Sharma is the Founder and CEO of Attrock, a results-driven digital marketing company. Grew an agency from 5-figure to 7-figure revenue in just two years.