7 Employee Advocacy Tools Successful Businesses Use
In a noisy marketplace, you need to find tactics that help you build reputation, gain brand awareness, and become a trusted company in your industry.
So, what’s one of the strategies you can use?
Leverage employee advocacy tools that help you entrust employees with promoting your brand.
Employee advocacy helps your target audience connect with real people they trust more than the brand — your employees. And according to research, customers consider employees more credible than brand CEOs, influencers, or celebrities.
Much like affiliate or influencer marketing campaigns, employee advocacy programs rely on influential individuals helping you promote your brand.
However, in this case, these individuals you leverage for word-of-mouth marketing are not celebrities or influencers but your own employees.
But there’s a problem with this strategy.
There are so many employee advocacy tools that choosing one that suits your needs can be challenging.
But don’t fret.
This post will help you find employee advocacy tools with features that meet your needs and company goals.
What to know which ones they are?
Read on to discover the best employee advocacy tools your brand can use.
Employee Advocacy Tools: Detailed Comparison of Features and Why They Stand Out
Why should you leverage the top employee advocacy tools?
Employee advocacy has many benefits besides helping you build brand awareness and grow a positive reputation.
Leveraging it can also:
- Help build your company culture
- Empower employees
- Expose you to top talent
- Boost your social media reach
- Increase engagement
There are many more benefits that you get from running an employee advocacy program. However, you will have a hard time managing your program if you don’t have the right employee advocacy tools.
These are tools that streamline your employee advocacy process from curating company content and getting employees to share to personalizing for authenticity and tracking performance.
But which are these top employee advocacy tools?
Find out below.
As one of the top employee advocacy tools, Smarp makes it easy to create content for social media and disseminate it to employees.
This employee advocacy tool enables you to accurately segment content so that it’s relevant to each employee.
Smarp is also among employee advocacy tools that ensure employees receive real-time alerts of new updates at any time, anywhere.
- Publishing Studio to help you choose the content type and curate communications to employees
- Accurate segmentation of employees to ensure they share relevant content they relate to
- Built-in content creation tool to create articles in minutes
- Employee News App to disseminate latest company news and alerts at any time
- Advocacy amplifier to ensure employees easily share your messages and become your biggest brand advocates
- Internal content hub for employees to easily find the content they can share
- Ability to gamify the experience, keep employees engaged, and help them hone social media strategies
- AI recommended insights and notifications when there’s a drop or spike in performance
- In-depth reports on engagement, internal communication performance, employee performance, etc.
- Automation features
- Ability to customize the employee advocacy platform
- Enterprise package offers for teams that want to scale
- Integrates with most social media and employee communication channels
- You have to invite team members manually, which can be challenging for large teams.
- Easy to use
- Customized depending on needs.
Pro Tip: The news feed on Smarp makes it easy for employees to find content, bookmark it, and leave comments. Asking them to leave comments can be a good way to avoid sharing duplicate content.
What makes Hootsuite Amplify stand out as one of the most effective employee advocacy tools is its analytics.
With the in-depth reports it offers, you can tell which posts perform well and which employees drive engagement.
Best of all?
It’s a great add-on if you already use Hootsuite as a social media management tool since it makes training and onboarding employees easier.
- Library of curated content employees can easily access and share
- Ability to remind employees to share relevant content
- Integrates easily with LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook
- Detailed analytics on channels and employee posts
- Ability to set topics for content type appropriate for different employees
- Enables employee advocates to recommend content to admins
- Robust brand advocacy management solution
- Effective and intuitive mobile app
- Easy planning and tracking of posts
- The interface on this employee advocacy tool can appear cluttered for some users and is not easy to navigate.
- Moderately easy to use
- Contact the team for a demo and pricing details
Pro Tip: Leverage the free resources, webinars, and academy to learn more about the platform and its proper use.
What makes EveryoneSocial stand out among employee advocacy tools is its focus on engagement.
This employee advocacy platform collects employee data and then enables you to modify the interface so that employees can stay engaged with numerous incentives.
Their extensive analytics tools can help you track which employees drive social media traffic and engagement.
- Powerful tools to help you curate, review, and approve content for employees
- One-click sharing to help employees share content on social media platforms with ease
- Tools for organizing employees and delegating responsibilities
- Gamification features and leaderboards to reward or rank employees
- Blacklisting or controlling content shared by employees to avoid inappropriate messages
- Integrations with Microsoft Teams, Slack, Salesforce, Google Analytics, Chrome, etc.
- Automated content curation and collection
- Detailed reports
- Searching for older posts or specific content that isn’t recent can be a hassle.
- Easy to use
- Starter: Free
- Teams: $24 per month
- Enterprise: Contact sales
Pro Tip: Leverage their HR tool to get employees to share job opportunities. The hiring manager can then easily find potential candidates who come through as personal referrals.
You May Also Like:
- 6 Best Dropshipping Suppliers and What Makes Them Stand Out
- 9 Best Webinar Software for 2021: The Ultimate List
Employee advocacy tools like Bambu by Sprout Social make it easy to amplify your reach, increase engagement, and improve conversion rates with the help of employees.
With it, you can make it easy for employees to access shareable content, customize their experiences, and ensure their messaging aligns with your brand values.
Originally published at Attrock.com.
About The Author
Gaurav Sharma is the Founder and CEO of Attrock, a results-driven digital marketing company. Grew an agency from 5-figure to 7-figure revenue in just two years.