25 Trending BuzzSumo Alternatives You Can Use in 2022
Does BuzzSumo seem too costly? Then you should be looking out for the best BuzzSumo alternatives.
After all, if you could get the same features at a cheaper price from these BuzzSumo alternatives, wouldn’t it be great?
BuzzSumo surely is an impeccable tool in the digital space. With its ability to discover the latest topics and generate content ideas online, you can easily inform your content strategy.
However, BuzzSumo isn’t the most affordable platform out there. In fact, its paid plans start at $99 per month.
That’s where the need for BuzzSumo alternatives arises. These platforms can help you get access to the same features at an affordable price.
So, let’s take a look at them.
25 Best BuzzSumo Alternatives to Consider in 2022
When it comes to choosing one of the best BuzzSumo alternatives, how can you choose the right one?
There are many options out there, and without thorough research, you never know what you’re missing out on.
But, here’s the deal — we’ve done the job for you and shortlisted the ones packed with top-notch features.
Here are some of the best BuzzSumo alternatives you can consider.
Did you know, streamlining content marketing can save up to 70 hours per month? Is your team still doing content curation manually?
ContentStudio is a powerful platform that can streamline your content creation and social media marketing process.
It offers content insights, automatic analytics and reporting, a unified social inbox, AI-powered captions, and much more.
Also, guess what?
This BuzzSumo alternative comes with a discovery feature, which continuously suggests the latest topics according to your selected preferences.
Besides, as planning and scheduling your month’s content only takes about a couple of hours, your team can be more productive.
- Built-in editorial calendar to plan content and collaborate with your team
- Track KPIs and measure analytics across multiple channels
- Auto-sync media library to keep media files and brand creatives in one place
- Direct Instagram publishing without installing any add-ons
- Multi-channel composer with an intuitive editor and automatic SEO optimization
- AI-generated social captions make publishing easy
- Brings everything under a single roof
- Affordable pricing options
- Team members not allowed in the Pro plan
- Easy to use
- 14-day free trial available
- Pro: $39/month
- Small: $79/month
- Medium: $159/month
- Large: $239/month
Quality and quantity go hand in hand when it comes to generating content. With Hootsuite’s social media management platform, you can provide quality content and save major hours. It simplifies content research, content discovery, and the creation of on-brand content.
You’re probably wondering, how — right? Here’s how.
It offers a composer feature through which you can do content research and easily create high-performing, engaging, and brand-oriented content.
On the other hand, the Bulk Composer of this BuzzSumo alternative allows you to maintain a strong social presence by scheduling all social media posts in advance. You can also analyze and monitor your progress and always stay at the top of your game.
- Access to hassle-free video publishing and media library assets
- Maximize engagement with tailored publishing guidelines and time frame
- Avail consistent insights from team members through seamless work collaborations
- Easy dashboard stream creation to curate and share great content
- Proofpoint integration to automate screening and analysis
- Easy to schedule and publish content
- Instant discovery of trending content
- Team collaboration works well
- Limited scheduled posts allowed for free accounts
- Tips and tutorials guide users through the set up and navigation.
- You can avail of a 30-day free trial.
- Free version available
- Professional: $49/month
- Team: $129/month
- Business: $599/month
- Enterprise: Contact team
Have you ever seen a feed customized just for you? Well, if you use Feedly, that’s exactly what you’ll get.
This BuzzSumo alternative works just like any other RSS feed where you can do content discovery, reading, and explore relevant content in your preferred niché.
With it, you can filter engaging content ideas, read desired insights, and keep distracting content at bay.
Like many other alternatives to BuzzSumo, Feedly takes care of social media management, keeping you informed about the mentions and hashtag performance.
From blogs, newsletters to Twitter — you can optimize social media management with insights from all social media channels. What’s more, you can get them delivered directly to your feed.
Just set up Leo, your AI research assistant, and you’re good to go!
- Advanced filters for your preferred insights
- Reads your feed and brings trends that matter to you
- Ability to share key industry insights with your team with a tap
- AI assistant is a welcome add-on
- Built-in AI research assistant
- Customized feed information
- Easy to organize different categories
- Lacks advanced features like outreach
- Easy to use
- Pro: $6
- Pro+: $8.25
- Enterprise: Custom plan
Ahrefs is recognized as one of the most powerful BuzzSumo alternatives that go a step further in the content ideation process.
Did you know it has one of the fastest backlink crawlers and has crawled over 12 trillion links?
While BuzzSumo only shows you the most linked and trending content, Ahrefs allows you to check the most-visited pages, backlinks, and so much more.
Apart from the exclusive features like content discovery and content research — there are a number of things Ahrefs has to offer. After all, these features are exactly what you would expect from top BuzzSumo alternatives.
Let’s see what these are.
- Refined search results with advanced operators
- Rank tracking features
- In-depth research into a piece of content
- Discover broken links within seconds
- Easy assessment of competitor’s content marketing strategy
- Huge database of keywords
- Vast backlink database that’s updated regularly
- Easy keyword research
- Effective competitive analysis
- Limited content optimization tools
- It can take time to get used to its many features, but there are tutorials to guide users through.
- Lite: $99
- Standard: $179
- Advanced: $399
- Agency: $999
Maintaining an online presence is an already difficult task on its own without the best BuzzSumo alternatives leading the way.
Semrush is a name far too popular amongst marketers for a reason: As one of the sought-after BuzzSumo alternatives, it helps you find top keywords and search phrases for your website, blog, or other online marketing campaigns.
With over 50 products and tools for search and market research data collected from over 100 countries, you can be sure that you’ll be able to reach your customers with this BuzzSumo alternative.
Semrush is a top online visibility tool for everyone, from brand managers to thousands of digital marketers.
It also provides a single platform where you can compare top-performing competitors’ marketing tactics from all perspectives. Take a look at what else makes Semrush one of the top BuzzSumo alternatives.
Originally published at Attrock.com.
About The Author
Gaurav Sharma is the Founder and CEO of Attrock, a results-driven digital marketing company. Grew an agency from 5-figure to 7-figure revenue in just two years.