15 Best Trello Alternatives for Seamless Project Management in 2022
Looking for smart Trello alternatives? Check out the 15 best platforms for seamless project management. Right from scheduling to tracking, they have it all.
Has your business outgrown the features of Trello? Are you looking for worthy and next-gen Trello alternatives to manage your workflow as seamlessly as you’d like?
Without a doubt, Trello is a good project management tool used by thousands to organize their tasks, map out projects, and collaborate with others. But for a growing team, its limited functionalities and features may not be enough.
A survey conducted by Capterra shows that businesses expect a good project management tool to be able to handle multiple tasks efficiently. So it goes without saying that whatever program they choose must be loaded with advanced features.
Image via Capterra
If you’ve landed on this article, then you certainly have similar expectations from a well-rounded project management (PM) tool.
That’s where Trello alternatives take centre stage. While there are several contenders in the market, finding the right one for your organization can be draining.
We understand the pain.
To help you choose the best tool, we have curated a list of the top 15 Trello alternatives and compared their features and pricing. This will give you an overview of the pros and cons of the leading Trello alternatives.
Have we got your attention?
Good! Let’s get started with exploring your options.
Top 15 Trello Alternatives for Project Management
Time is always of the essence; who knows that better than project professionals?
When you recognize the need to do much more in a given time, you’ll want to equip your team with the best, most agile project management tool.
If your sense so far is that Trello has more holes than swiss cheese when it comes to meeting your project management needs, then it’s time to move on.
Here are the 15 best Trello alternatives to consider investing in to boost your team’s productivity.
Image via monday.com
Monday.com is an award-winning project management software you’d be smart to consider for your organization. Rated one of the best Trello alternatives, monday.com can help you design custom solutions for your team to collaborate efficiently and accomplish complex projects on time.
It allows you to manage multiple teams with its highly responsive interface, productivity features, and customization facilities.
Zoom in on its features to see if its indeed one of the best Trello alternatives for your business.
- Offers 200+ templates suitable for a variety of industries and use cases
- 30+ customizable column types
- Real-time sync for groups, items and updates
- Gives access to 8 different data visualizations including Kanban, Calendar, Timeline, Gantt, map, form, workload, and main views
- 386 million human actions are saved for advanced automation
- Allows flexibility to onboard and assign tasks
- Offers workflow automation
- As one of the top Trello alternatives, it is compatible with iOS and Android devices
- Allows you to think and work together for better productivity
- Offers unlimited automation recipes
- Brings you daily webinars, articles, and tutorials for knowledge enhancement
- Seamless integrations with various third-party applications
- Beginners may need a while to get used to the variety of features and customization options offered by this tool
- Users will need a certain level of experience to leverage monday.com to the fullest
- Individual: Free forever
- Basic: $8 per user month
- Standard: $10 per user per month
- Pro: $16 per user per month
- Enterprise: Contact them for pricing
Image via ClickUp
ClickUp markets itself as an all-in-one task management tool for businesses big and small. As one of the top-rated Trello alternatives, it aims to eliminate the clutter and organize all of your tasks in one place.
Founded in 2017, ClickUp has quickly gotten itself on the list of reliable Trello alternatives owing to its aggressive task management features and machine learning capabilities.
Using Trello alternatives such as ClickUp is an easy way to boost your efficiency and productivity.
- With collaboration detection, you can see who is viewing, commenting, or editing
- ClickUp Docs allows multiplayer editing, custom permissions, and much more
- Allows you to import projects from other tools automatically
- Offers a multi-task toolbar that allows you to quickly switch between tasks
- With this top Trello alternative, you can track project progress and time spent on each task
- Suitable for teams with 1 to 1000+ members
- Helps assign multiple tasks to individuals and streamline work
- ClickApps allows various levels of customization
- Free plan is loaded with all the basic features and 100MB storage
- 24×7 support over the phone and via email
- A sharp learning curve for first-time users: the tool looks complex due to too many configuration and customization options
- First-time ClickUp users will need a little practice to get used to it.
Like most Trello alternatives, ClickUp offers a Free Forever plan that has sufficient features to get you started. You can later upgrade to plans like:
- Unlimited: $5 per user/month
- Business: $12 per user/month
- Business Plus: $19 per user/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Image via Asana
Asana brings your team together in style with a list view, teamlines, boards, and much more. As one of the leading Trello alternatives, this tool offers 200+ integrations that bring all your work to one place.
What’s more, you can automate multiple repetitive tasks in simple steps.
No wonder leading companies like Amazon, Under Armour, Sky, and others rely on Asana for project management.
- Create captivating Gantt charts in virtually no time
- Customizable field names, types and values help you track tasks that are important to you
- Real-time charts and visual highlights help keep an eye on task progress and workload
- Rules allow you to automate important actions in your work processes
- Automation helps streamline work to save time and reduce errors
- Sync your work on multiple devices in real-time
- Asana app is available for iOS and Android users
- Asana’s valuable educational resources and customer community help you to optimize all of the features
- Asana is priced a bit higher than other Trello alternatives
- Easy to use for seasoned project managers, while beginners may take a while to use it comfortably
- Basic: Free forever
- Premium: $10.99 per user/month
- Business: $24.99 per user/month
- Enterprise: Contact Sales
Image via Airtable
Airtable is our next choice on the list of Trello alternatives. Airtable’s intuitive platform offers organizational flexibility at its best. With it, you can create your own solutions to manage projects to bring out the best in your team.
200,000+ growing companies use Airtable to streamline their workflow, assign tasks, and enhance efficiency.
What else does it have in common with other Trello alternatives?
Let’s find out.
- Allows you to transfer information into customized views like Kanban view, Gantt view, Calendar view, Grid view, and Gallery view
- Interface Designer lets you provide relevant information to each team member and stakeholder
- Airtable offers ready-made extensions and scripts to supercharge your productivity
- It lets you sync data from different sources
- Airtable’s flexible UI lets you build your own reporting templates
- Design a completely customized interface in no time
- Airtable’s intuitive dashboards are easy to use on any device, be it mobile or desktop
- Airtable lets you integrate hundreds of apps and services
- Airtable guides, blog, and community forum help you stay updated
- Seasoned Excel users may feel that some of the essential features are missing
- Easy to use if you have a good understanding of how to use spreadsheets
- Free: Sign up and use the tool for free
- Plus: $10 per user/month
- Pro: $20 per user/month
- Enterprise: Contact Sales
Image via Jira
Next up in the roundup of Trello alternatives is Jira, which is yet another product from the makers of Trello.
Jira has everything you need to manage project cycles, improve team collaboration, and track project milestones.
What’s more, over 500 integrations are available to offer any missing functionality that other Trello alternatives offer.
Go over the features to see if Jira is one of the suitable Trello alternatives for your business.
Originally published at Attrock.com.
About The Author
Gaurav Sharma is the Founder and CEO of Attrock, a results-driven digital marketing company. Grew an agency from 5-figure to 7-figure revenue in just two years.